I have decided I am no longer willing to wait for Froyo and need advice on how to proceed. Basically I am not sure if I should contact Best Buy or Verizon. In short I received my Fascinate at Best Buy on 10/1/10(the first free phone Friday). I specifically ask the manager about the free Froyo update that was printed on the information and price card for the Fascinate and he assured me it would be out before the end of the month(within the 30 day return). After Froyo did not come in October I asked again and was told it would be out by the end of November and as we all know it still has not arrived. I know to most people Froyo is no big deal but for me using my upgrade was a complete waste of time. I went from having working GPS, flawless sync with my POP3 E-mail and painless tethering on my Winmo phone to a Fascinate that will not do any of them.
I purchased the Verizon car dock that has been sitting on my desk for over two months because it will not work properly without Froyo.(3.5mm jack does not work and the one on the phone is covered by the dock).
My dilemma is I received the Fascinate for free but even for free it was not worth using my upgrade for. I want to revert back to my Winmo phone until Verizon releases a phone with everything working at the time I purchase it without promises of an update to fix it.
Do I start with going to Best Buy and talking to the Manager who promised me Froyo by the end of October? Does he have the ability to take the phone back and reset my upgrade date? Do I go to Verizon and argue with them about resetting my upgrade date and returning the phone? Or worse case is to sell the phone and use the money to pay the early termination fees??
I know this all seems petty but I am in a car twelve hours a day and having a speaker phone is important and with the Verizon car dock and Gps needing Froyo to work and no POP3 email sync it is very bothersome, not to mention most of the new apps are for Froyo. Any advice or alternatives would be appreciated. Sorry so long...