Hey everyone this is my first post so bear with me, I recently read a fix for this problem on a Korean site and didn't see it posted much of anywhere in English so I thought I'd share it with you and see if it fixed anyone's problems.
We know that there are many Samsung users that are still struggling with connecting your phone to your computer through Samsung Kies. While our solution isn’t an end all for every issue concerning Kies, its definitely worth a try if you have been struggling with this for a while and haven’t found a solution your specific problem yet. As always if you are having any problems or this doesn’t fix your particular problem, let us know in the comments below and we’d be happy to research it for you.
Here is another method to fix your connection woes and if you are new to the site, we also wrote an article a while back to try this method as well: http://www.careace.net/2010/07/29/what-you-can-do-with-samsung-kies/
1. Open ‘Command Prompt’
2. Type in ‘cd c:\windows\system32′ in the command prompt window (or replace the c with whatever drive letter you use as your main drive, typically it will be C though)
3. Type ‘dir msxml*’ and enter in the command window
4. If there is not an ‘msxml6.dll’ file shown in the list, download the file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1&displaylang=en
and make sure to leave your command prompt window open, you’ll need it for later. Download the first file in the list at the bottom of the page called msxml6.msi and you have a 64-bit system download the bottom link called msxml6_x64.msi (if you’re not sure what system you have just download the first one)
5. Double click on the .msi file and it should do the rest.
6. Go back to your command prompt window and register the libraries by doing the following:
=> Type ‘ regsvr32 msxml3.dll’ and press enter in the command prompt
=> Type ‘regsvr32 msxml6.dll’ and press enter and you should see something similar to the screen below
7. Run Samsung kies and check if it is working properly.
Now if the above method doesn’t work for you or if in Step 4 you see that you already have msxml6.dll and you are still having connection problems, then you can visit us at www.careace.net
and click on the contact button on the left side of the page.
Be sure to include the following when explaining the problem:
**Type of Phone
**Type of computer
**What Android OS you are running
**What OS is on your computer
**Describe exactly how you try and connect the phone to your computer each time (make sure to try the same method a couple times to make sure it’s consistent) and write down all error messages or error reference numbers for us
Thanks and we will attend to you problem ASAP.